If you died today or “tomorrow,” will you then be in some sort of state of non-existence? Love, hate and the question of where all matter came from that exists have not been properly answered in the context of a belief in a non-created universe. If there is a Creator, then, assuming He is not schizophrenic and opposes Himself, there must be at least one opponent, since there is true evil in the world. Satan is the enemy of all souls, with Hell created for Satan and one third of the messengers of Elohim who followed him in rebellion against the Most High El [Yeshayahu (Isaiah)14:3-27.] Being perfect, Elohim required a perfect sacrifice in order for any flesh to be redeemed, as Scripture records in Romans 3:10-26:
As it has been written, “There is none righteous, no, not one! There is no one who is understanding, there is none who is seeking Elohim. They all have turned aside, they have together become worthless. There is none who does good, no, not one.” “Their throat is an open tomb, with their tongues they have deceived,” “The poison of adders is under their lips,” “Whose mouth is filled with cursing and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood, ruin and wretchedness are in their ways, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of Elohim before their eyes.”
19. And we know that whatever the Torah says, it says to those who are in the Torah, so that every mouth might be stopped and all the world come under the judgment before Elohim. Therefore by the works of the Torah no flesh shall be declared right before Him, for by the Torah is the knowledge of sin. But now, apart from the Torah, a righteousness of Elohim has been revealed, being witnessed by the Torah and the Prophets, and the righteousness of Elohim is through belief in [Editor’s Note: Hebrew — Yahusha] Messiah to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim, being declared right, without paying, by His favour through the redemption which is in Messiah , whom Elohim set forth as an atonement, through belief in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His tolerance Elohim had passed over the sins that had taken place before, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He is righteous and declares righteous the one who has belief in .
Yahusha Messiah was sinless, yet He, Himself, was baptized by John the baptizer, whom was immersing people in the Jordan River to “wash” away their sins as recorded in Scripture in Yohanan (John) 3:1-36 and Yohanan 1:1-37 below:
Yohanan (John in “Christian Bibles”) 3:1-36 And there was a man of the Pharisees, Nakdimon was his name, a ruler of the Yahudim. This one came to by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from Elohim, for no one is able to do these signs You do if Elohim is not with him.” answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born from above, he is unable to see the reign of Elohim.” Nakdimon said to Him, “How is a man able to be born when he is old? Is he able to enter into his mother’s womb a second time and be born?”
3. answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he is unable to enter into the reign of Elohim. That which has been born of the flesh is flesh and that which has been born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You have to be born from above.’ “The Spirit breathes where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.” Nakdimon answered and said to Him, “How is it possible for this to take place?”
10. answered and said to him, “Are you a teacher of Yisra’el and do not know this? Truly, truly, I say to you, We speak what We know and witness what We have seen and you do not receive Our witness. If you do not believe when I spoke to you about earthly matters, how are you going to believe when I speak to you about the heavenly matters? And no one has gone up into the heavens except He who came down from the heavens — the Son of Adam. And as Mosheh lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so the Son of Adam has to be lifted up, so that whoever is believing in Him should not perish but possess everlasting life.
16. “For Elohim so loved the world that He gave His only brought-forth Son, so that everyone who believes in Him should not perish but possess everlasting life. For Elohim did not send His Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not judged, but he who does not believe is judged already, because he has not believed in the Name of the only brought-forth Son of Elohim. And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world and men loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. For everyone who is practicing evil matters hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But the one doing the truth comes to the light, so that his works are clearly seen, that they have been wrought in Elohim.”
22. After this, and His taught ones came into the land of Yahudah and He remained there with them and was immersing. And Yahanan was also immersing in Ayim near Salim, because there was plenty of water there. And they were coming and were being immersed, for Yohanan had not yet been put into prison. Then a dispute arose between some of Yohanan’s taught ones and the Yahudim about cleansing, and they came to Yohanan and said to him, “Rabbi, He who was with you beyond the Yarden, to who you have witnessed, see, He is immersing and all are coming to Him!”
27. Yohanan answered and said, “No man is able to receive any matter unless it is given to him from the heavens. You yourselves are witness for me that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but I am sent ahead of Him.’ He that has the bride is the bridegroom, but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the voice of the bridegroom. so this joy of mine is complete. It is right for Him to increase, but me to decrease. He who comes from above is over all, he who is from the earth is of the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from the heavens is over all.
32. And what He has seen and heard, that He witnesses. He who receives His witness has set his seal that Elohim is true. For He whom Elohim has sent speaks the Words of Elohim, for Elohim does not give the Spirit by measure. The Father loves the Son and has given all into His hand. He who believes in the Son possesses everlasting life but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of Elohim remains on Him.”
Yohanan 1:1-37 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with Elohim and the Word was Elohim. He was in the beginning with Elohim. All came to be through Him and without Him not even on came to be that came to be. In Him was life and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from Elohim, whose name was Yohanan. This one came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all might believe through Him. He was not that Light, but that he might bear witness of that Light. He was the true Light, which enlightens every man, coming into the world. He was in the world and the world came to be through Him and the world did not know Him. He came to His own and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of Elohim, to those believing in His Name, who were born, not of blood nor of the desire of flesh nor the desire of man, but of Elohim.
14. And the Word became flesh and pitched His tent among us and we saw His esteem, esteem as of an only brought-forth of a father, complete in favour and truth. Yohanan bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has become before me, because He was before me.'” And out of His completeness we all did receive and favour upon favour, for the Torah was given through Mosheh — the favour and the truth came through Messiah.
18. No one has ever seen Elohim. The only brought-forth Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He did declare. Now this was the witness of Yohanan when the Yahudim sent from Yerushalayim priests and Lewites to ask him, “Who are you?” And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Messiah.” And they asked him, “What then, are you Eliyahu?” So he said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.”
23. He said, “I am a voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of ,’ as the prophet Yeshayahu said.” And those sent were of the Pharisees, and they asked him, saying, “Why then do you immerse if you are not the Messiah, nor Eliyahu, nor the Prophet?”
26. Yohanan answered them, saying, “I immerse in water, but in your midst stands One coming after me, who has become before me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loosen.” This took place in Beyth Anyah beyond the Yarden, where Yohanan was immersing.
29. The next day Yohanan saw coming toward him and said, “See, the Lamb of Elohim who takes away the sin of the world! This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has become before me, for He was before me.’ And I did not know Him, but that He might be revealed to Yisra’el, therefore I came immersing in water.”
32. And Yohanan bore witness, saying, “I have seen the Spirit coming down from heaven like a dove and remain on Him. And I did not know Him, but He who sent me to immerse in water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit coming down and remaining on Him, this is He who immerses in the Set-Apart Spirit.’ And I have seen and have witnessed that this is the Son of Elohim.”
35. Again the following day, Yohanan was standing with two of his taught ones, and looking at walking, he said, “See the Lamb of Elohim!” And the two taught ones heard him speaking and they followed .
So, the question may arise? ‘Is baptism necessary for salvation?’ The answere is yes, according to Scripture. See here.
Another question may arise, such as, “Can I baptize myself?” Since Scripture says in Mattithyahu (Matthew) chapter 18 verse 19-20, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning any matter that they ask, it shall be dome for them by My Father in the heavens. For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there I am in their midst,” then it seems to me that there only needs to be one other person present with you there, which is your baptizer. It doesn’t say that the other person has to be saved, though. So, you plausibly can have someone who is not a Believer, and who has not been saved, immerse someone else under water in the Name of Yahusha/Yahushua Messiah. Any water where the entire body (hair not necessary) can be immersed under water, like a large bath tub, swimming pool or any deep body of water like a river, lake or ocean, can be used.
The one who is baptizing shall put his hand upon the one he or she is baptizing and help them to completely immerse under water, saying, “I baptize you in the Name of Yahusha (or Yahushua) Messiah (or Savoir, Redeemer, Mashiach or Anointed One, but I do not recommend “Christ,” since this name is Greek and has as its main-root definition as another sovereign) and in the Name of the Father, YHWH (or YAHUAH or Elohim).
Filed under: Christianity, Elohim, eternal life, Hell, immersion water baptism, Natsarim, religion, Satan, Set-apart One of Yisra'el, Set-Apart Spirit of Elohim, Wrath of YAHUAH, Yahuah, Yahusha Ha'Mashiach, Yeshayahu 6-35, YHWH, Yisrael | Tagged: Christianity, Elohim, Eternal Life, Hell, immersion water baptism, Reign of Yahusha Messiah, Satan, Set-apart One of Yisra'el, Wrath of Yahuah, Yahusha Ha'Mashiach, Yeshayahu 6-35, YHWH |